Hate is infused into our culture and into our very being. Wake up people!
Sorry for not getting to part 2 of using the Book of Mormon to expose LDS leaders corruption, but my day was spent being attacked by verbal abusers. This morning a person verbally abused me, so I stayed away from them, to which they approached me to accuse my staying away as abusing them. I reported the abuse and instead got the response of "(I'm) a man (I) can handle it". So I reported it to another person who told me that if I don't like it, then I should "move". And the fourth person believed that I wasn't abused, but that I was the one to blame and I deserved what I got and if I want my perceived abuse to stop that I should capitulate to the bully's demands.
Hate is infused into our culture and into our very being. Wake up people!
IDENTIFIERS OF A CORRUPT LDS CHURCH LEADER:
1. Prophesies do not come to pass. One must be careful here however, because prophecy is a tricky thing. Prophecy is often repeated throughout history and may not be referring to the immediate present, but of a distant, future event, so to expect your interpretation of prophecy to occur and threaten the cry of false even if by a certain time frame is an unreasonable expectation. The Nephites gave a specific date for Samuel the Lamanite's signs to occur in the heaven, which was forcing their interpretation to be fulfilled. But generally if a prophecy does not come to pass or bare fruit, you shall know that they are false for that prophecy and that prophecy alone. It is also inappropriate to disregard all prophesies based upon the failure of a small sampling.
2. Justifying sinful behavior. The Lord tells us directly that no unclean thing can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, that the least degree of sin is not tolerated. So when you hear leaders say they are not "perfect" and that we should excuse their imperfections, that should send up warning flags. No one is justified in committing sin, period. Not spelling a word correctly, or being fashion conscious are not examples of sin or imperfection. King Noah justified sinful behavior of his Priests and his subjects so that he could justify his sinful behavior.
3. Demanding sustaining approval. Laman, as the oldest brother was the heir to the family throne and demanded that because of his position he was justified in demanding that Nephi sustain him. Leaders can only be sustained in righteousness, not in wickedness.
4. Promoting Church over doctrine. This is similar to a government promoting Nationalism over Constitution and Rights and often Nationalism is called Patriotism. It's where the governing body is promoted over the original doctrines that were established. This is manifest by claims that "the Church is true" or in the exhortation for others to "follow the standards of the Church". Alma the younger went around trash talking the Church because he couldn't trash talk the doctrine. Thus in reverse you are like Alma when you promote the Church over doctrine. Also the Nephite leaders altered the Laws of the land and the Church, which justified sinful behavior.
5. False accusations. The Priests of King Noah falsely accused Abinadi of being a national threat and crazy for speaking out against the sinful behavior of the King, the Priests and the people. Abinadi's accusations were not false, but the defensive position the people and leaders took toward Abinadi for speaking the truth was wrong. Thus goes the saying, that which you falsely accuse in another reveals the same and worse fault in yourself. The beam and mote concept indicates that you must first stop your sinful behavior before you can then accuse others of sinful behavior.
6. Beyond Judgment. We must make judgments in order to identify correct moral behavior. To claim that no one can judge a person for their sins is illogical. There are no grey areas, sin is sin. If thine eye be dark, how great is that darkness? No one is beyond judgment.
7. Covering up sin and crime. Section 121 of the Doctrine and Covenants is very clear, one loses authority when they justify and cover up sin of themselves or of others. When someone confesses to a crime, a leader must report the crime to the government authorities. It's covering up sin and crimes that justifies people in suing the Church, not just the perpetrator of the sin or crime.
8. Non-transparency. Leaders must divulge the plans, operations, and the finances of the Church. To have closed-door meetings and to keep the financial information of revenue generated and how the money is spent is equal to covering up sin and crime. The Secret Combinations of the Band of Gadianton were non-transparent.
9. Surrounding oneself with supporters. King Noah replaced the Priests with new Priests whom supported Noah and his beliefs. In the LDS Church, Elder Scott was the first non-Pioneer family associated Apostle, and Pres. Uchtdorf is the first foreign Apostle. Nepotism is when a leader surrounds himself with relatives. It's a corruption called favoritism. It is also utilized in mob mentality. Creation of thought can only occur by listing to different thoughts. Where everyone is thinking the same there can be no progress.
10. Promotion of Contradictions. With an establishment of doctrines and even policies and procedures, when one promotes an interpretation that is contrary to the original intended interpretation there arises contradictions of doctrine. The Book of Mormon, Articles of Faith, and the Doctrine and Covenants tell us that it was Adam who was tempted by Satan and fell, not Eve; so to promote the Biblical tradition, even to appeal to the Selection From the Book of Moses, that it was Eve who fell, contradicts the original position of Joseph Smith. With contradictions you then have apologies to defend the incorrect position. In this case it would be to elevate Eve's roll and importance and diminish Adam's roll.
11. Bribery. In the Church bribery doesn't always consist in the giving of money. Most often it is the giving of positions of authority and status. The purpose for bribery is to control the individual, such that if the person were to get out of control, then extortion would be exacted to remind them that they owe loyalty because of the bribe they accepted. People must freely give without expecting anything in return.
12. Altered Definitions. What is the definition of a "testimony"? What is the definition of "charity"? What is the definition of "pornography"? Don't just appeal to only those who will give you the definition you believe, or to the majority opinion. Definitions have an origin that were fixed in their meaning, yet over thousands of years mankind has altered definitions, such that words that used to be harmless, now have a negative meaning. Just in the last couple of hundred years of the United States alone, we have altered the definitions of many words. Did you know that pornography's modern definition came from the Evangelicals of the early 1900's? Did you know that the definition in commonplace in the LDS Church is the Christian altered definition, that of testimony? And did you know that Mormons themselves have altered the definition of charity, whereas everyone else instead corrected the incorrect translation of charity to its correct translation and definition? Churches cannot alter definitions in order to control the minds of the members into alternative doctrines.
13. Silencing opposition. A Church cannot silence protests and claims of wrongdoing by silencing them. Excommunication or threats to excommunicate are the tools of corrupt leadership. You cannot label a person an apostate and hold a Church Court because they disagree with you or because they are accusing you a sin or crime. This is a type of method to cover up one's sins or crimes. Does the accused get to present evidence of their innocence??? Do they get to present their appealing argument to the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12??? Are the Court proceedings transparent??? Are the accused forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement??? Are the members left wondering what the individual did wrong, so that they might know so as not to repeat or commit the same wrong??? Are statements by the Church political generalizations or are they specific as to the details???
To be continued...
I'm not going to post a picture with this post. The Las Vegas shooting was horrifying. It was not a terrorist act though ISIL claimed responsibility. Terrorism is not something that results in only a few dead and a few injured. Terrorism is terrorism because of its mass casualties. So that's why when I've been hearing about "terrorist attacks" where there is no mass casualties, I don't accept it. And when so called terrorists starting using cars to run people over, I realized that this was just getting out of hand. If a terrorist group had been responsible in the Las Vegas shooting then it would be classified as a legitimate terror attack. This guy who did the shooting had no history of violence or crime. so what if his dad was a bank robber and on the FBI's most wanted. What concerns me is that the FBI despite all the evidence against this man doing such a thing, that they are now telling us that they've found tons of weapons stored up in the hotel and in his garage. Two gun shops say he was a customer, but I'm not hearing that he bought what is reported as being stored. And then of course he is reported as having shot himself, not shot by the raid on the room. There was nothing suspicious about his behavior just before the incident. Being a gambler is not a motivation to change your inner being to become a monster. To be frustrated over being fired at work, or being bullied at school, does not inspire one to go on a mass shooting, but rather a targeted planned attack. To do a mass shooting one would have to have a hatred of a perceived group as the target of a planned attack. To go on a spur of the moment mass shooting because the concert was too loud still is not sufficient reasoning for a motive. And he left no letters, no nothing of consideration of suicidal behavior, which is what victims of abuse do when they violently take action to stop the abuse against them. And I'm very concerned about the timing of this incident, when our President is under "fire" so to speak for his hate speech that is inciting our nation to act out on their hatred as well as his neglect for Puerto Rico who are pleading desperately for help. Today I couldn't even find anything about Puerto Rico's crisis in the news. So with all of this combined, I have to cry foul. Something isn't right. When 9/11 occurred that morning, the first thing I said out loud to myself was, "What has our President done?" I hadn't forgotten the disturbing election controversy that was resolved in his brother's State of Florida where the brother was Governor. Seriously, people who have been voting for decades suddenly didn't know how to vote? But it was afterward that convinced me that my initial impression was confirmed. He pushed the Patriot Act, he kept going after the wrong leaders, he reported false intel, and the FBI told the news that there were Congressmen who pulled their airline stock a few days before, but then nothing is said of the matter ever again, etc. etc. And then even to this day I find out that another brother was in charge of security for the Trade Towers and that he gave the order to pull security the day before. And then of course there was Kennedy. So you can see that I don't believe whatever I'm told to believe. If it is important for me to know of then I research about the situation and research all sorts of different sources as possible. I'm educated to detect fallacy and propaganda. There are a number of identifiers of the use of propaganda and Trump used each and every one of them in his speech to the UN. "rocket man" is one of those identifiers, for example. And guess what the news focuses on during any of our tragedies? They focus on the love and unity that comes form the tragedy. The news is supposed to present the facts of events, yet they reveal their bias by trying to get an emotional response from us. Plus they give advertising plugs for businesses and they tell us how to live our lives. "Buckle up!", "have an emergency kit", "time to pull out your winter clothes", "give your kids their shots", etc., etc. It's very disturbing trying to weed out the facts of an event, with so much fluff and misdirection. And the worst is when the reporter tells us that an arrested person is "not cooperating" with police. Miranda people, Miranda! A conspiracy is not an incorrect belief, it is an accusation that there was a combined and secretive effort to commit crime or violate another's rights. A theory is not an opinion, it is a prediction based upon observation. This is why Christian so called theories of Creationism and Divine Design are pure crap. There is no way to replicate such claims. But yes the Big Bang is also crap theory because there is no way to replicate it, despite CERN's affirming claims. Vegetation theory people, Vegetation theory. This theory can be replicated and observed as stars explode sending waves of radiation from its central location. I laugh with disgust over Evolutionary debate. Christian claim we are not evolved from apes, which is a Family level Evolution, but scientists counter by claiming Christians are wrong that Species can't evolve and demonstrate examples of Species evolution thinking to fool Christians. Remember the "Missing Link", there's a reason why it's missing. The Missing Link is at the Family level not the Species level, or even Genus level. Remember your Elementary School Science class? It's Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. Noah brought Families onto the ark, not Species or Genera. The Babylonians were the first people to employ breeding for the purpose of having unblemished and the largest possible small cattle. That's why the Egyptian hieroglyph for a bee looks like a wasp. Over the millennia breeders of bees have been able to create new Genera and Species of bees. But notice no one can replicate the change from one Family to another. So do you see? Don't be so ready and trusting of what you are told. Be a free and independent thinker, which does not mean don't think.